Bookkeeper and Administration Support Officer
Commencing mid to late April 2019
Applications Close Monday 4 March 2019
The Community Leader of the Passionist Community, Templestowe, invites applications from suitably experienced and qualified persons for the position of Bookkeeper and Administration Support Officer.
Holy Cross Centre is home to the Passionist community of I4 men and students who are involved in a diverse range of pastoral ministries. It is also a conference centre. As featured on this website, the Centre offers diverse meeting spaces and facilities for conferences, seminars, group development and retreats.It provides accommodation for up to 80 people and is set in expansive and serene gardens.
The Bookkeeper and Administration Support Officermanages creditor and debtor systems and tasks for both the Holy Cross Centre and the Passionist community. The tasks include but are not limited to creditor and debtor invoicing and payments, BAS processing, banking transactions, account reconciliations and general finance duties. The accounting system is maintained on the Reckon cloud-based software system. Experience using Reckon or similar accounting software is essential.
The role reports on a day-to day basis to the Administration and Conference Centre Manager and also requires ad hoc office administration support.
The successful candidate will attest to:
- A willingness to grow in understanding of the Passionist values and spiritual traditions and to enact a model of service delivery that is consistent with these influences
- Successful experience in bookkeeping and creditor/debtor management
- High-level knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Experience in establishing and managing budgets
- Proficiency in using accounting software (Reckon would be preferable, otherwise experience with other accounting software such as QuickBooks, Xero or MYOB)
- Proficiency In working with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of database management and skills in financial data analysis
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- The position is part-time – approximately 3 days (22 hours) a week. Flexibility exists for the successful candidate to negotiate preferred days and daily start/finishing times and to periodically change set working days.
- A salary will be negotiated that is commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
- A 6-month probationary period will apply upon commencement, with a review process at that point.
- The Bookkeeper and Administration Support Officer will provide evidence of a successful National Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
- The Bookkeeper and Administration Support Officer will be expected to engage in an annual performance appraisal facilitated by the Administration and Conference Centre Manager and the Community Leader.
The Passionist Community Leader has appointed Ms Christine Heffernan as the Recruitment Officer to assist in the selection process. Christine is available to respond to questions and concerns for the duration of the appointment process.
T: 0419 769 482
Applicants are required to provide the following documentation:
- A brief covering letter, addressed to the Passionist Community Leader, Father Kevin Hennessy CP, outlining the key reasons for your interest in the position
- A resuméthat outlines your employment history and relevant qualifications and experience (the resumé should not exceed two pages)
- A response to the eight Selection Criteria outlined above (responses to the criteria should not exceed four pages)
- The names and contact details of three referees.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to provide at interview scanned, certified copies of
- Qualifications and completed formal studies/training
- A current National Police Record Check
- A current Working with Children Check.
Forward your application electronically to Christine Heffernan by 5.00pm on Monday 4 March 2019.
All applications will be acknowledged on receipt by return email. Please contact Christine if you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application (0419 769 482).
Postal applications may be sent to:
Ms Christine Heffernan
c/- Holy Cross Centre
207 Serpells Road, Templestowe VIC 3106
Selection & Appointment Schedule
|APPLICATIONS CLOSE||COB Monday 4 March|
|INTERVIEWS||Week beginning Monday 18 March|
|SECOND-ROUND INTERVIEWS||Week beginning Monday 25 March|
|OFFER TO PREFERRED CANDIDATE||End of March|