POSITION: Administration and Conference Centre Manager
Commencing July 2018
The Community Leader of the Passionist Community, Templestowe, invites applications from suitably experienced and qualified persons for the position of Administration and Conference Centre Manager, Holy Cross Centre, Templestowe.
Holy Cross Centre is home to the Passionist community of I4 men and students who are involved in a diverse range of pastoral ministries. It is also a conference centre. As featured on this website, the Centre offers diverse meeting spaces and facilities for conferences, seminars, group development and retreats.It provides accommodation for up to 80 people, conference rooms of varied sizes, a large chapel and a smaller meditation chapel, and a dining room that comfortably seats up to 100 people. The Centre is set in expansive and serene gardens.
Working closely with the Passionist community and a small team of staff and contractors, the Administration and Conference Centre Manager will ensure that the Centre is a vibrant, welcoming and well managed facility. A new and important aspect of the role will be to develop the capacity of the Centre by means of an effective marketing, networking and promotions strategy. Another key area of responsibility will be to provide administration support to the Passionist Community Leader.
The successful applicant will attest to:
- A willingness to grow in understanding of the Passionist values and spiritual traditions and to enact a model of service delivery that is consistent with these influences
- Strong communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
- Successful experience in the administration and management of conference facilities and events, inclusive of a sound grasp of facility standards that enhance client satisfaction and occupancy
- Successful experience in marketing and an ability to develop and implement marketing strategies for new and innovative use of the facilities
- Proficiency in a range of software applications, including Word, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite (familiarity with MYOB and QuickBooks would be an advantage)
- A capacity to create, maintain and continually improve administration systems and processes
- Experience in establishing and managing budgets, along with accountancy skills and general financial awareness
- Sound knowledge of health and safety and other compliance regulations applicable to a conference centre and community residence.
- The position is fulltime. A 6-month probationary period will apply upon commencement, with a review process at that point.
- A salary will be negotiated that is commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
- Flexibility to work additional hours and/or changed days to manage conference events or special occasions will be required.
- The Administration and Conference Centre Manager will be expected to engage in an annual performance appraisal and a review of the role facilitated by the Community Leader.
- To be considered for the role, applicants must provide evidence of a successful National Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
The Passionist Community Leader has appointed Ms Christine Heffernan as the Recruitment Officer to assist in the selection process. Christine is available to respond to questions and concerns for the duration of the appointment process.
T: 0419 769 482
Applicants are required to provide the following documentation:
- A brief covering letter, addressed to the Passionist Community Leader, Father Kevin Hennessy CP, outlining the key reasons for your interest in the position
- A resumé that outlines your employment history and relevant qualifications and experience (the resumé should not exceed three pages)
- A response to the eight Selection Criteria outlined above (responses to the criteria should not exceed four pages)
- The names and contact details of three referees.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to provide at interview scanned, certified copies of:
- Qualifications and completed formal studies/training
- A current National Police Record Check
- A current Working with Children Check.
Forward your application electronically to Christine Heffernan by 5.00pm on Friday 25 May 2018. (email@example.com)
All applications will be acknowledged on receipt by return email. Please contact Christine if you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application. (0419 769 482)
Postal applications may be sent to:
Ms Christine Heffernan
c/- Holy Cross Centre
207 Serpells Road, Templestowe VIC 3106
Selection & Appointment Schedule
Friday 25 May
OFFER TO PREFERRED CANDIDATE